Monday 24 January 2022

A Hard Habit To Make

 This morning I googled how long does it take to make something a habit.  According to a 2009 study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, it takes 18 to 254 days for a person to form a new habit with the average being 66 days for a behavior to become automatic.  No wonder I have such a hard time developing good habits, my average is about 12 days.

There are three things that I want to focus on making habits this year:

1. Making sure that I take my meds every day, particularly my insulin before meals.

2. Posting three posts to my blog a week, like I was doing so this one is a re-habit.

3. Correspondence, like I said my average attention span is 12 days, but I have met (via ancestry) a number of cousins that I should e-mail way more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment