Monday 13 September 2021

Vote!

This afternoon my wife and I went and cast our ballots for the upcoming federal election.  We will be away on Monday so we took advantage of the advance poll today.  While I have never missed an election (municipal, provincial, or federal) in the last 34 years this was my first time voting early.

My father, who is dealing with some mobility issues, mailed his ballot in earlier this week.  So he did not have to walk or wait in line like we did.  He also had his voter information card which I can tell you makes a vast difference; I did not get mine this year, which meant showing my ID to about 4 people so they could all stroke my name off copies of the same list.

Now I am not going to get political, make a pitch for any party, or tell you who I voted for.  I do not care who you vote for in fact, but please if you have not already, make sure that you do cast your ballot on Monday.  As I ask this of you, I am reminded of what an old union rep. always told me...

"If you don't vote.

don't bitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment