Thursday 9 September 2021

The Chicago Dog

On Monday our building celebrated Labor Day with a BBQ and I cooked 36 hot dogs.  So I thought that it would be appropriate for a hot dog recipe today (I had planned on posting it yesterday but my wife and I went shopping after supper and I did not get a chance).  This recipe is from the Haute Dogs cookbook.

Ingredients:

  • Poppy seed bun
  • All-beef hot dog
  • Yellow mustard
  • Green relish
  • Tomato wedges
  • Whole sport peppers
  • Dill pickle spear
  • Celery salt

Assembly:

  • Get out the poppy seed bun and a setup to steam it.
  • Panfry an all-beef hot dog on a flattop; toward the end of cooking, steam the bun.
  • Place the dog in the bun.
  • Top with a line of yellow mustard, a spoonful or two of green relish, tomato wedges, sport peppers, and a dill pickle spear.
  • Sprinkle with a dash of celery salt.

And don't even think about adding ketchup.
"Nobody, I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hot dog." - Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) in Sudden Impact

No comments:

Post a Comment