Monday 6 September 2021

Unofficial End Of Summer

Happy Labor Day to all those enjoying the holiday today.  I took a semi-unintentional summer holiday myself this year and have not done much in the line of posting.  Here in Canada, today marks the unofficial end of summer so time to get back to work; and here in Northern Alberta it looks like fall as the leaves are starting to change color and it is starting to get cooler.

I had a very enjoyable break over the past couple of months.  I spent a fair amount of time playing with the X-box Series X that my father generously got me for my 52nd birthday at the end of June and also spent a number of hours on ancestry.ca exploring my family tree.  My wife and I even took the time, on the August long weekend, to go visit our son.

Sadly, that will be the last long trip that our dog will be accompanying us on.  He is getting old and getting in and out of the truck is be coming a challenge for him.  On our last trip, we were ahead of schedule most of the day, so we made a couple of additional stops (5 instead of our regular 3).

On the last stop he had a chance to have a little swim at a Provincial Park and it took probably 20 minutes before he was ready to make an attempt to get back in the truck.  He wanted to get back in and made a number of false starts but just could not make the jump.  We eventually had to get our suitcase out of the trunk and let him use it as a step.  We are going for a second visit in a couple of weeks, but he will be enjoying his own vacation at doggie camp (the kennel) this time around.

While it is a holiday for many here today, most retail locations will be open. I still have a couple of loads of laundry I have to do, so my wife will have clothes to wear to work tomorrow, a load of dishes that needs to be done, and later this afternoon, as part of our condo's social committee, I will be cooking hamburgers and hot dogs for our building's summer end BBQ.  Ahhh, the work of a house hubby is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment