Wednesday 31 January 2018

Cherry Goat Cheese Bites


I grew up in a "meat and potatoes" kind of house.  When it comes to food, I would not say I have adventurous tastes.  However, there are a number of recipes in the calendar that my wife got me for Christmas that seem to catch my eye, like this one.

Ingredients:
  • 1 small baguette
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbl balsamic vineger
  • 4 oz goat cheese
  • 6 fresh sage leaves

Directions:
  •  Preheat the oven to 400°F.
  • Slice the baguette, and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
  • Toast 15 minutes unlit slightly browned and crisp.
  • In a small sauce pan, place dried cherries, water, and balsamic vinegar.
  • Bring to a strong simmer and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
  • Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
  • Thinly slice the sage leaves.
  • To serve spread goat cheese on top of the crostini; top with cherries and a bit of sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment