Friday 1 January 2016

Resolutions

A New Year's resolution is a tradition in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice for people beginning from New Year's Day.  Those promises that seem so easy to make on New Year's Eve, and break a week or two later.  Popular goals include resolutions to...
  • Improve physical well-being: eat less, exercise more.
  • Improve mental well-being: think positive, enjoy life.
  • Improve self: reduce stress, be more independent.

All of the above are definitely worthwhile pursuits.  And along with thousands of people all over the world, I too shall endeavour to pursue them yet again.  However, this year I am taking a more practical approach.

So here are my 2016 resolutions, on display, for all the world to see:

(1) I resolve this year to keep my list of resolutions short.  (Fewer resolutions means less stress.)

(2) I resolve this year to get outside for a walk every day.  (I walk the dog twice a day, so I guess that means I am exercising more.)

(3) I resolve this year to travel and see new things.  (We take little road trips and spend the day together every Monday, what better way to enjoy life.)

As the year drew to a close, the following quote started appearing in various forms on Facebook.


"Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book.
Write a good one."


In the long run, I guess it does not matter if we make resolutions or not.  I think that if we all recall these words at the start of every new day, it will ensure a good year is had by all.  Wishing you a very happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment