Monday 11 January 2016

Downsize Costs An Upsize

I apologize for not keeping up last week. While it was great having family here for Christmas, our youngest guest seems to have left me an extra gift...his cold.  So last week, both my housework routine and my blog suffered.

In late November, my wife and I moved from a two bedroom apartment to a one bedroom apartment. While it is actually a little larger, our storage space is somewhat depleted. After all, the second bedroom was basically just another storeroom.

We noticed the loss of space when we started taking down the Christmas decorations.  First off, we seem to have more than when we started because my wife had to go buy another storage tote. Secondly, we had to figure out where we were going to put it.

Our storage closet in the apartment is filled to capacity.  The storage locker we rent is full as well, even though that is where the Christmas decorations were stored in the first place.  But they were replaced with a lot of the stuff we use to keep in the second bedroom.

So on Saturday, we went and upgraded our storage locker to the next size up.  We now have plenty of room for the decorations, and likely a fair bit of the stuff in our storage closet.  That will be nice because all my appliances (Crock pot, Bread maker, and deep fryer) are on a shelf along the back wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment