Monday 15 July 2024

Friends Are Friends

I have seen it said many times that true friends can go for years at a time without speaking only to pick up right where they left off.  While I do not disagree with this, I think I have an even better definition to share with you.

I spent my teenage years in a very small town (like 12 houses small).  The number of kids the same age to hang out with was limited, there were 6 of us.  So despite any highs or lows we stuck together.

On one occasion, one of these friends and I got into a disagreement.  Well, it started as a disagreement and let's just say it escalated from there.  The end result was the two of us in a stand off in his front yard, leather belts in hand.

I eventually left but only for a few minutes.  My parents were letting me use the car and my brother and I were into the big city for the evening.  Without even thinking we stopped in front of his house.  He came out cursing and threatening to which I responded "Get in the car we're going to town."  He paused and stared at me for a second before saying "Let me grab my jacket."

Fight was over and forgotten because friends are friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment