Saturday 3 February 2024

I'm Back

I had planned on posting this yesterday, but a trip to the pharmacy and to get gas just exhausted me.  For those that do not already know on Tuesday I had a heart attack.  I want to take a moment to thank all the doctors, nurses, and support staff at the Royal Alexandra hospital for taking such good care of me.

I was admitted to the emergency room on Tuesday with a "traditional" heart attack.  I presented with the following symptoms:

  • pain in my left arm and chest.
  • shortness of breath.
  • sweating.
  • nausea.
I thought that they would run the usual tests and send me home.

However, I was admitted quickly and they began to prep me.  As they were taking me to through the emergency room, the EMTs said "we are leaving you here, but you will meet lots of new friends quite quickly because your heart is not happy".  Within an hour of my arrival I had a stint in one of my arteries and was getting settled in the Cardiac Care Unit (also known as Cardiac ICU).

On Wednesday, I was moved to a step down unit.  Still under the cardiac banner, but much less intense.  Yesterday, I was released because I have 3 - 6 months until my bypass surgery and they did not want to keep me there that long.

So now I am back home under the watchful eye of my wife who is much stricter than any of the nurses on the unit ever were. 

No comments:

Post a Comment