Monday 7 November 2022

Halloween Disappointment.

Last Monday, our building set a 10 year high with the number of people we had come to our door.  We saw a grand total of 72 people, 41 kids and 31 others (parents, homecare workers, an Amazon driver, and a neighbor on his way home from work).  We have never had more than 35 in total before.

While the number of trick or treaters was way up, I am very disappointed in my neighbors.  Our street had a grand total of four houses handing out treats last Monday night.  Based on the number of cars that stopped at the end of the street and then kept going, I would not be surprised if we could not have hit 100.

I hate to say back in my day, but back in my day it was the opposite and there may have been four houses on our block (and that would be very rare) that were not passing out treats.  Alot of our trick or treaters were young families with young children (we had a couple celebrating their first Halloween).  It is sad to see the next generation seeing so many dark front porches.

No comments:

Post a Comment