Monday 15 August 2022

Glimpses

I have followed my parents down the road to arthritis.  Fortunately, in my opinion I have followed my mother's path more so than my father's.  It has hit me in the "big joints" (shoulder, hips, and knees) while my father has to deal with it in his hands.

When I was younger, I would get upset because mom could not do stuff and we couldn't go places because she could not go.  Over the past year, I have gotten a glimpse into what my mother dealt with on a daily basis and my respect for her has grown immensely.  While I have been dealing with the limitations of arthritis for a few years, she lived with it for more than 30 years.

My father's mother passed away due to complications from arthritis 48 years ago.  The only difference in the disease in that time is that I am taking an average of 6 Tylenol Arthritis tablets a day where as she was taking 20 plus Aspirin a day.  But, in all that time the treatment remains the same, if it hurts just take another pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment