Monday 7 March 2022

Birthdays

My wife celebrated her 59th birthday last Friday.  Actually celebrated may be too strong of a word (unless you count booking the day off of work as celebrating).  We did not really do to much except order in pizza; mind you it did start snowing late Thursday afternoon and was still snowing at dinner time on Friday.

However, early in April we are planning a little get-away to the mountains.  I told her that if she did not mind waiting a month, we could make that trip her birthday celebration.  So that is what we are doing.

Now, on other hand, I look forward to each and every birthday.  When it comes to birthdays, just like Christmas, I am a big kid at heart and get excited and look forward to it.  When I was a kid, I could not wait until the mail came so I could go and get my birthday cards and today, I check Facebook 2 or 3 times to see the birthday wishes I am getting.

It is just one of the many, oh so many, things that my wife and I approach, oh so, differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment