Monday 28 February 2022

Virtual Zoning

When I am driving, particularly long distances, my brain has a tendency of putting driving on autopilot and wandering off.  I recall returning home from somewhere where one of my cues was coming into a small town where I had to make a right hand turn to head home.  Well, my mind had really wandered that night as I approached the small town I thought okay right turn, except instead of the town where I was suppose to turn, I was already home.

Last summer, for my birthday, my father upgraded my gaming system for me.  One of the games that I enjoy playing is Forza Horizon, a racing game developed by Playground Games and published by Microsoft Studios.  Thus far I have enjoyed the 4th (U.K.) and 5th versions (Mexico).

In both versions of the game they have a race called the "Colossus", a race that actually takes about 15 minutes to run.  Well, I have discovered that my brain will put driving on autopilot in the virtual world too.  I have many (many, many) times come up to the finish line having no memory of running half the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment