Monday 14 February 2022

Valentine's Day Fun Fact


My wife and I have been married a little more than ten years.  All in all this will be our fourteenth or fifteenth (yes I am not 100% sure, and I admit it) Valentine's Day.  How am I suppose to remember things like that when I can barely remember what I did on Saturday.  But that is the subject for another post.

In those fourteen (or fifteen) years I have seen many, many, many commercials reminding me to buy my wife jewelry (which she never wears), flowers (which die within a week), or chocolates (which in our house, because we share, do not last until the end of the day).  But you know in those fourteen (or fifteen) years, I have never seen commercials telling her what to buy me.  Where is the Cabela's commercial telling her to lure me in with fishing tackle, or the Canadian Tire commercial telling her to show me how much she loves me with power tools?

I actually asked her on Friday what she was planning to get me for Valentine's Day.  Her response was, and I quote, a "kick in the ass".  While there are those who would undoubtedly agree that a kick in the ass would be an appropriate gift for me, a kick in the ass versus diamond jewelry just does not feel like a fair exchange.

Her follow up answer was much nicer, she said that she did not care about Valentine's Day because she loved me each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment