Friday 28 January 2022

Awoken!

Last night the wife and I had settled down for a long winter's nap, when there arose such a clatter.  There was a knock, knock, knock and then the dog made sure we were aware that someone was trying to get our attention.  As I climbed out of bed and searched for some pants, I hear my wife say something that took me right back to my childhood..."Who is knocking on our door at this time of night?" (It was about 11:30).

I went and checked our door, but no one was there.  I walked up and down the hall and checked the lobby.  As I was coming back into our apartment, my wife said they knocked again.

So I went to check our front (leads to our patio) door.  As I opened the door, one of our neighbours was knocking gently on our bedroom window.  She had forgotten her keys and wanted to know if I could let her in the front door.

For those not in the know, our building's front door automatically locks at 10:00.  So you cannot even gain access to use the intercom system to buzz yourself in (which is one of the reasons why our intercom number calls our cell phone).  I have to say it was the most excitement we have had around here in a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment