Friday 16 March 2018

Re-fried Fried Chicken

My biggest pet peeve with fast food is that re-heated fried chicken, either KFC or Mary Brown's tastes terrible.  Leftover pizza...eat it cold, and leftover chinese food is fine in the microwave.  But neither the microwave, nor the oven does anything for leftover chicken.

Last night, my wife and I enjoyed Mary Brown's fried chicken, which has replaced KFC as our favorite.  Their smallest family feast is 11 pieces of chicken (up from 9 pieces), potato wedges, salad, and gravy.  Which is way too much food for the 2 of us.

Sadly, this has often lead to the leftover chicken and wedges being thrown out because nobody was going to eat them.  However, last night I decided to save them for my lunch today.  The big difference, I was going to re-heat them in our air fryer.

5 minutes in the air fryer and everything came out crispy, hot, and tasty.  So, it looks like the last couple of pieces of takeout fried chicken have gotten a reprieve.  They too can now be enjoyed as leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment