Monday 27 February 2017

No Pancakes

I was talking with my Father the other day and he reminded me to check the paper for tomorrow.  When, I couldn't figure out what he was talking about I asked why.  He said because Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday.

Shrove Tuesday, AKA Fat Tuesday, AKA Mardi Gras, AKA Pancake Tuesday immediately proceeding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated by consuming pancakes.  It is a common practice for Churches to serve pancake suppers on Shrove Tuesday.  I have checked the paper my like my Father suggested and found a couple of local Churches that were serving pancakes.

Sadly, there will not be an pancakes for me tomorrow.  My wife is working a split shift and will be at work when all the suppers are on.  I could take a bus, but that seems like a bit too much effort to go and eat alone.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment