Friday 7 October 2016

Thanksgiving Menu

This Monday is Thanksgiving in Canada.  As it will just be me and the mrs for dinner, I am making a twist on the traditional turkey dinner.  While I think it will be a good meal, sadly, this means no turkey stock until Christmas dinner.

One of the shows that my wife and I enjoy is "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." One episode included the Christmas burger made at The Ace (in Toronto).  Well, I am making my own spin on this for Sunday's dinner.

A turkey burger featuring a stuffing centre (thanks to my Stufz burger press), topped with a cranberry and bourbon compote ( I am just using canned cranberry sauce), as well as lettuce and tomato (that I can manage).

I will pair this with the traditional mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and gravy.  Of course pumpkin pie and ice cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment