Tuesday 11 October 2016

Operation: Thanksgiving

Yesterday, since it was just my wife and I, I decided to try something a little different for Thanksgiving.  I made Thanksgiving burgers (originally Christmas burgers from an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives). While the end result was delicious, it seemed like as much work as preparing a full turkey.

It was my first time, not only attempting the recipe, but using my "Stufz" hamburger press.  I was uncertain how much turkey and stuffing I would need so I decided to play it safe.  Two packages of ground turkey and two packages of Stove Top stuffing mix.

This combination made me six stuffing-filled Thanksgiving burgers with enough stuffing left over to have as a side dish and as left-overs today.  I thought it was a lot for six burgers, which I figured we would come close to finishing off in one meal. Actually, we were both full after one burger each, so we are having them for lunch today, and will likely freeze two for later.

At the moment, our Christmas plans seem to include company, so I will be cooking a full bird, which I do not mind because it means I get to make more stock. However, if it was going to be, or ends up being, just us again I would make Christmas burgers.  Although I would premake them on Christmas eve, so they only needed to be popped into the oven on Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment