Saturday 26 December 2015

Christmas Thoughts

I realize that this should have been posted yesterday, but it was a holiday.  Actually, yesterday was pretty much just another day at our house.  We have company coming tomorrow, so we have kind of suspended Christmas until then.

We chose to not even exchange gifts this year.   We decided to go with a living room full of new furniture when we moved instead. Although, we have agreed that over the next few weeks, if something comes up in a Boxing Day (Week/Month/etc) sale, we will think about exchanging presents then.

I had originally titled this post Christmas Message.  If the Prime Minister, Queen, and Pope can offer a christmas message, why not the Domesticated House Husband.  I wanted to offer some profound words about the season.

I thought about quoting Linus' soliloquy from "A Charlie Brown Christmas", but I remembered I am in favour of the separation of religion and kitchen.  I also considered the last verse of the song "Father Christmas" by The Kinks, go ahead look it up I will wait.  However, in the end, I took my inspiration from Santa Claus from "Rise of the Guardians".

Remember to take the time, not only during the Christmas season but all year round, to look at the world around you with wonder.  There is beauty and amazement to be seen everywhere you look.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment