Monday 2 May 2016

Cinco De Mayo

I realized this morning that I made a mistake in selecting the three choices for this Thursday's Potluck.  I did not include anything with a Mexican flair.  After all, it is cinco de Mayo.

The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla.  The Battle of Puebla was important for at least two reasons.  First, although considerably outnumbered, the Mexicans defeated a much better-equipped French army.  Second, since the Battle of Puebla, no country in the Americas has subsequently been invaded by any other European military force.

So I have added another contender in the potluck salad war...


May the best salad win.  Currently there is a two way tie for first place.  I will announce the winner on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment