Monday 21 March 2016

Simple Spot Remover

I mentioned an alternate use for Swiffer Dry clothes in my post, Double Duty, from December 19, 2013.  Today, I want to tell you about a great secondary use for their wet clothes.  They are excellent at getting stains out of the carpet.

Having worked as a custodian during high school, I have always been much more partial to the old fashion mop and bucket approach.  But, I did not have one when I first moved, so I had to make do for a while with the wet clothes.  We still have a couple of packages on hand for quick emergency mopping that isn't worth getting the bucket out for.

Our current apartment is more carpet than tile.  So between muddy puppy paws and overfilled cups of coffee, we have had a few stains to deal with.  Swiffer wet clothes, with a little help are more than up to the task.

Sure, it means having to get down on my hands and knees, not that easy a task anymore.  But a few seconds of scrubbing with the wet cloth, and a few more seconds with a good scrub brush and the stain is gone.  It actually takes me longer to get up and down than it does to get rid of the stain.


No comments:

Post a Comment