Saturday 19 March 2016

Washing The Dishwasher

I have said it before and I will say it again...I love having a dishwasher.  To be honest, I am not really sure how we managed for so long without one.  However, now that we have a dishwasher, I am being introduced to a new chore.

Today, I am washing the dishwasher.  It reminds me of the CLR commercial stating it is a great product for washing the washing machine.  When did this become a thing?

I recall in my youth, we had a dishwasher. But I do not recall my mother or father ever washing it. Hooking it up...yes, but washing it...no.

The first dishwasher we ever had was portable.  It sat at the end of the kitchen counter and every night one of my parents would wheel it into place by the sink. They would then pull the hose out of the back and "quick-clip" it to the faucet and turn it on.

My grandmother, who lived alone, had a small dishwasher that sat on her counter.  I do not think it was much bigger than a microwave.  Yet, it worked wonders for someone who was washing a bowl, a plate, a cup and maybe, on a good day, four utensils.

The one thing that these two dishwasher had in common was in their entire lifetime neither of them were washed.  After all, who would ever think that you needed to wash something that was filled with soap and water on a daily basis.  Well, apparently the companies selling dish soap think it is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment