Saturday 13 February 2016

Pistachio Pudding Dessert

As soon as I saw this recipe on Facebook, I knew I needed to post it.  Not because it was something I wanted to make , but because it reminded me of my Grandmother. She couldn't say pistachio.

Ingredients:
Pie crust:
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
Layer 1:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 (8oz) cream cheese
  • 1 cup cool whip
Layer 2:
  • 2 regular sized pkgs instant pistachio pudding mix
  • 3 cups milk
Topping:
  • cool whip
  • chopped almonds

Directions:
  • Mix butter, flour, nuts; press into 9x13 inch pan. 
  • Bake 350 for 20 min. 
  • Cool. 
  • Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and cool whip; spread on cooled crust. 
  • Beat together pudding mix and milk until thick; spread on cream cheese layer.
  • Top with a layer of cool whip and chopped nuts. 
  • Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment