Wednesday 17 February 2016

Spaghetti And Meatballs

I had found a really cool recipe that I had planned to post today, which I was sure I shared so I could find it again this afternoon. Instead, I give you one of my top three favourite meals.  As always... Kraft recipe, Kraft ingredients.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. (450 g) extra-lean ground beef
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 jar (650 mL) Classico di Campania Sweet Basil Marinara Pasta Sauce
  • 330 g spaghetti, uncooked

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350ºF.
  • Mix first 5 ingredients just until blended; shape into 18 (1-1/2 inch) meatballs.
  • Place on rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
  • Bake 15 to 20 min. or until done (160ºF).
  • Transfer meatballs to Dutch oven or large deep skillet. 
  • Add pasta sauce; stir to evenly coat meatballs with sauce. 
  • Cook on medium-low heat 15 min., stirring occasionally. 
  • Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package.
  • Drain spaghetti; toss with meatballs and sauce.


I have to admit that while I often used canned sauce, I tend to doctor it up some.  I like adding onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment