Tuesday 16 February 2016

Great Dish Detergent Debate

The best thing about our new apartment isn't that it is in a better building.  Nor is that we have great views up and down the river valley.  The best thing about our new apartment is that we now have a dishwasher.

This is the first home of my own to come with a dishwasher.  So when I was uncertain which brand of dish detergent to use, I did what I always do...I asked my Dad.  He said that he uses Finish, so that was what we bought.

Normally, dish detergent is something I would buy in bulk at Costco.  But before I committed to Finish I wanted to make sure it did the job, so I got a bag of about 20 pods.  Good thing too, the Finish left water spots on our tupperware, pots, and pans.

Secondly we tried Sunlight.  For no other reason than we ran out of Finish and it was what the convenience store downstairs carried.  Both my wife and I were very pleased with the results of the Sunlight detergent.

However, to be fair (and because it was on sale), my wife bought a small bag of Cascade to try it as well.  Like the Finish it left spots on tupperware, pots, and pans.  So next time we go to Costco, buying Sunlight in bulk it is.

When I told my Dad that the Finish had left spots, he said we must have harder water than he does.  I told him I got the Sunlight from downstairs and that it worked really well.  He told me that it made sense the store would stock what works best for the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment