Monday 25 January 2016

Putting A Stop To The Pop

I do not recall if I decided to cut back on the pop I drink as a New Year's resolution or if it was a snap decision.  I realize that drinking water is much healthier for me anyway, however, the true reason for the switch was not my health.  Since we moved to our "deluxe apartment in the sky" it has become my job to go down to the car and lug the pop back upstairs.

All the way through high school, my lunch bag contained a juice box instead of a can of pop.  Even on the days when I would buy my lunch, I was more likely to reach for a carton of chocolate milk. So having pop as a rare treat is not something entirely new to me.

Oddly enough, it was when I was in high school that we started regularly keeping pop in the house. It was Pop Shoppe (diet) Pop, but it was pop none the less. However, I still did not take it to school for lunch, mostly because I doubt the glass bottle would have survived the bus ride.

Now if you will excuse me my wife just got home from shopping.  I need to go down stairs and grab the two cases of pop out of the car.  Apparently it was on sale and a really good deal she could not pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment