Monday 9 September 2024

Recliner Ruined


When I was a kid, my dad's chair was a leather recliner.  It was the best chair, it was always the most comfortable spot in the living room, and I could not wait until I was old enough to get one of my own.  Well a couple of years ago, that came to fruition and I am now the proud owner of a turquoise, leather recliner...and I can't sit in it anymore.

After my bypass surgery, I came home and basically lived in the recliner 24/7.  According to my wife my only jobs were to relax, eat, sleep, and heal.  For for what seemed like the longest time, the recliner was my home.  I watched TV, played games, ate, and slept there.

By the time I was starting to heal and move around again, I could no longer sleep in the chair.  I just could not get comfortable anymore.  Even now, if I put my feet up I am only good for like 30 minutes before I have to sit up and put my feet back on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment