Monday 1 May 2023

Getting Old

There comes a day when you realize that you are never going to play in the big Leagues.  For me it was a few years ago when the arthritis in my shoulder got so bad that I can no longer throw a ball of any kind any more.  It appears that time is catching up with me.

On Saturday, my wife and I made our first trip to the farm.  We made our usual purchase of a couple of hundred dollars but once we were all checked out and paid they insisted in carrying our bags out to the truck for us.  A small gesture that seemed to speak volumes to me.

A few weeks ago we enjoyed a little get away in Banff.  As we walked along Banff Avenue shopping, any stores that had more than two steps to the door I skipped.  After a couple of hours I needed to head back to the hotel for a nap.

Since that trip I have needed to use my cane more and more.  I do not know if it was the weather change as Spring finally arrived but my joints seem to hurt all the time.  In fact, I have started needing to use my cane to simply get around our apartment.

Now, I was never the most physically fit or graceful person, but I used to be able to stuff.  I think there was a part of me that was sure that I was going to be sixteen forever.  Boy was I wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment