Friday 1 April 2022

The April Fool's Non-joke

Happy April Fool's Day to one and all.  On this special day, I thought I would share the best April Fool's prank that I ever pulled.  Actually, technically, it was the best prank that I never pulled.

In the early 2000's, I was living and working as a hotel auditor in Winnipeg.  The week before April Fool's Day, my partner and I got the day shift clerk all wound up about the wonderful prank we had planned for her when she came in that day.  It was driving her crazy.

Then came the dreaded morning and she slowly approached the desk and asked us what we had done.  We looked at each other, and in unison told her it was too busy (which it had been) and we had not had time to set up anything.  Well, she did not believe us and started opening all the cupboards and drawers looking for what ever we had set up.

The two of us leaned against the back counter quietly laughing and watching her .  She kept imploring us to tell her what we had done and we would honestly answer we had not set up anything.  The next morning, she told us that she had spent almost half of her shift trying to figure it out and that guests would look at her and laugh as she would whip drawers and cupboards open just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment