Monday 9 April 2018

Country Store

Yesterday, my wife and I took the dog for a drive to Smokey Lake.  We were heading up there to check out the Serben Farms' tasting day, an event a friend of mine posted on Facebook.  All I can say is it was well worth the drive.

There were a variety of farm fresh sausage, jerky, cheese, and Ukrainian food to sample.  We picked up some sweet italian, mustard and ale, garlic ring (kielbasa), and some breakfast round sausages.  As well as some perogies and homemade salsa.

My wife and I have thought about buying a bigger freezer for a while.  Now we have a good reason to do so, Serben Farms offers a whole (or half) hog and a side (or quarter) of beef.  I cannot think of a better reason to buy a bigger freezer than filling it with farm fresh meat.

The staff are friendly.  The food is delicious (we had the sausage rounds this morning for breakfast).  But the best part of our farm visit...the 2 two big, white, fluffy farm dogs that greeted us on our arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment