Tuesday 18 April 2017

Lord Of The Dance

It has never been my intention to focus on religion or politics on my blog.  However, something happened this past Sunday that I needed to share.  And really it is not about religion but a funny story that takes place at Church..

When I joined the choir, a month or so ago, I asked the choir leader if we would be singing Lord of the Dance for Easter and she said yes because it is one of the minister's favorites.  Last Wednesday, after choir practice I was chatting with the minister and confirmed with him that yes we would be singing Lord of the Dance.

On Sunday, the bulletin listed the hymn after the sermon as TBA.  Our minister incorporated it into the end of the sermon.  So as the sermon was winding down, I went to look up Lord of the Dance in the hymnal.

I could not find it.  I scanned through hymn titles and I checked the index.  But I could not find the hymn.

Lord of the Dance has been a favorite Easter hymn of mine since I was a kid.  I have called it Lord of the Dance as long as I can remember, and even referred to it as such to both the choir director and minister.  However, in the hymnal it is titled "I Danced in the Morning".

So apparently for around 40 years I have been calling one of my favorite hymns by the wrong name.  Who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment