Wednesday 15 March 2017

Laundry Room Reminisces

One of the worse things about shared laundry facilities is that you have to haul everything back and forth.  It is not so bad now that we are in the era of the all in one laundry pod, but it use to be such a pain.  Liquid or powdered laundry soap, bleach, and brightening powder are heavy and awkward to carry with a full basket of laundry.

However, as I threw my laundry pod into my pocket yesterday, I was reminded of its predecessor.  In 1988, when I was off to University as part of my "getting started" box, my Father included an All laundry pack.  Sadly, I do not remember the exact name of the product.

It was a bag made of dryer sheets, coated with fabric softener, and filled with powdered laundry detergent.  You tossed it into the washer to wash the clothes and then into the dryer to stop static cling.  It was perfect for a young university student away from home for the first time.

To be honest, I was very surprised that it didn't last longer than it did.  I guess it was just an idea before its time.  So, it is not surprising that I was very pleased to see the introduction of the laundry pods.

No comments:

Post a Comment