Monday 6 March 2017

Homemade Mocha

One of my wife's few indulgences is International Delight flavoured coffee creamer.  She is partial to the french vanilla and hazelnut flavours.  I have asked her to get a Mocha flavoured one, which would be my preference, but she says they do not make it.

I use to make my own by substituting chocolate milk for cream.  It was alright, but it wasn't really the same as what they served at the coffee shops.  But I have found a way to enjoy my café  mocha every morning.

I use our Keurig coffee maker, another indulgence, to brew a very tasty café mocha.  Using my 10 ounce coffee cup, I start by making a 4 oz. hot chocolate.  I then add a 6 oz. of strong coffee, currently we have a Starbuck's blend (it was on sale for a ridiculously low price). 

Now I get to enjoy one of my indulgences while my wife enjoys one of hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment