Wednesday 21 December 2016

Scotch Tape

There are many things that I love about Christmas.  The gathering of family, the food, and the presents.  My wife and I have kept many family traditions alive in our celebration.

Sadly, there is one tradition that my mother and my wife share.  It is the manner in which they wrap their gifts.   Each of them insists on using an entire roll of scotch tape on every present they wrap.

I always thought that it was the way my mother prolonged Christmas morning.  You know, the longer it takes to open the presents the longer the family is together around the tree.

However, my wife's over-exuberant use of tape in her wrapping has shot that theory down.  Maybe, they are trying to instill me with patience.  If that is the case, it is not working.

I have told my wife fair is fair.  If she intends to use a roll of scotch tape on every one of my gifts, well both of my gifts, then next year I intend to use a full roll of duck tape on hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment