Saturday 27 August 2016

KFC

I have always enjoyed Kentucky Fried Chicken.  However, last night was the last time I will ever order it.  Last night, I feel that, KFC stood for "Kentucky Fried Con".

There were back to back football games on TV, so my wife and I decided to order supper in.  We thought it would make for a more relaxing and enjoyable evening.  It ended up neither being relaxing nor enjoyable.

When the delivery driver arrived, I paid using my debit card.  I then carried the 2 bottles of pop into the kitchen and went back to get the rest of our dinner.  When I returned to the door he was pulling the debit machine apart, and then offered it to me again.

I told him that I had paid once and was not paying him again.  Although he had already cleared his machine and could not prove it, he said the sale had been incomplete.  Wanting my food and not wanting to argue, I paid again (without adding the tip I had given first time).

As he left I told him, I would be checking my account to confirm we had only paid once.  He told me, rather sarcastically, I thought, to go ahead and check my account.  I checked and, surprise surprise, the payment was taken out twice, once with and once without a tip.

We called the restaurant, for over an hour, without any luck.  A call to the 1-800 delivery line explained why.  They had set their phone to go straight to voicemail.

The 1-800 operator could not help us, so we had to drive to the restaurant if we wanted to get our refund.  Now, remember I said it was a doubleheader football night.  Well the second game was taking place two blocks from our house.

I realize that I cannot blame Kentucky Fried Chicken for traffic holdups caused by professional football.  However, it certainly did not do much to decrease the frustration we were feeling with them.  The 5 - 10 minute drive to the restaurant was closer to a 20 - 30 minute drive.

Once we arrived, we finally got to talk to the manager.  She listened to us then went and served a customer at the drive-thru before coming back to discuss our concern. In the end, she did finally hand us $42.00, even though the bill was $42.32.

No comments:

Post a Comment