Thursday 2 June 2016

Was It The Best Crockpot Meal

On Monday night, my wife prepared a dish she found on Pinterest billed as The Best Crockpot Meal.  It was a very enjoyable meal, however was it the best?  No, I do not think so.

As is often the case in our household, the recipe got doctored a little.  My wife used meat filled tortellini and replaced the vegetable stock with beef stock.  As we ate, we agreed that it could use even a little more doctoring.

The next time we try this dish, we have a few more changes in mind.  Instead of spinach, we will dice up some onion, garlic, and peppers (all of which are staples in our kitchen).  My wife used 2 large cans (796 ml) of tomatoes, which made this more of a soup that a typical pasta dish, which will be reduced to 1 can next time.

I have prepared spaghetti sauce and chili, in the crockpot, that I feel were both better than this meal.  On my recipes page, I would put the beef fajitas up against the "Best Crockpot Meal" any day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment