Sunday 24 April 2016

Baked Expectations

I am a fairly good cook, if I do say so myself. I do not need a recipe, but can just see what I have in pantry, and make a tasty dish. However, I have never really had much of an interest in baking.

Well, I think it is time to give baking a try. Sure, I can follow the directions on the box and make a cake.  I can also take it up a notch, as I proved in my post "Soda Cake".

I bake my own bread for special occasions, but even then, I use a recipe and a breadmaker.  The last rolls I made came out of a tube. So the next step in my house hubbiness is definitely to learn scratch baking.

My wife has graciously offered to help me in this quest.  Although, I have never seen her bake anything from scratch, she says she can.  If nothing else it will make for a great saturday afternoon together.

No comments:

Post a Comment