Friday 13 December 2013

The Christmas Rush

Both my wife and I live far away from the rest of our family.  This was a necessity for her to find work and we are both happy with the choice that we made.  But it does not come without challenges, like Christmas. My Mother-in-Law will be with us for Christmas, and I will have a nice long telephone conversation with my parents on Christmas day.  However, to ensure that there was anything under my parent's tree from us, it had to be wrapped, packed, and in the mail today.

As I mentioned in an earlier posting (Home Made Christmas), my wife likes to make the gifts that we give. So while everyone else has been focused on the big day two weeks away, she has been putting in a few hours each evening and all her weekends getting everything ready.  I try to help her as I can, but in her own words..."the best way for you to help is just get out of my way.

The rush is now over, her mother arrives next week, and my wife can now relax and enjoy her holiday.  I, on the other hand, still have to go trudging through the mall to buy all of her presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment