Wednesday 12 September 2018

Continuing My Education

Last month, I was inspired when our son decided to return full-time to university.  Now, I am not returning to full-time studies, been there and done that.  But this morning I signed up for a Continuing Education course.

On October 16th, I will start working my way towards my Culinary Kitchen Skills Certificate.  The first course I am taking is The art of Garde Manager & Knife skills, also known as Kitchen Skills I.

I will learn to embrace the fundamental skills of cold food preparation and knife use.   The main focus of the course will be proper techniques, use, and care of professional knives and tools.  I will also develop the ground work for the entire Kitchen Skills series by learning ingredient identification, cold food flavor recognition and the fundamental production of the cold components of the kitchen.

Okay, I am turning a mole-hill into a mountain.  This course will only last 1 week, and consist of three evening classes.  But I have a student I.D. and am once again a post-secondary student.

No comments:

Post a Comment