Friday 15 July 2016

Opportunities Missed

On Monday, my wife and I took another of our daytripping adventures.  This time, we headed southwest to Rocky Mountain House, in the heart of bigfoot country.  Rocky Mountain House is known as the "Gateway to the Rockies".

Rocky Mountain House draws its rich history from the North Saskatchewan River.  Fur traders used the River to transport goods east that were found west, within and over the great Rocky Mountain range.  It was the prominent location of the confluence of the Clearwater and North Saskatchewan Rivers.

I was reminded of another of our favourite daytripping destinations...Camrose. Rocky Mountain House, like Camrose, has its share of big box stores and fast food restaurants on the outskirts, with the small town downtown shops.  The only difference is the "postcard view" of the rockies in the distance.

However, once again we do not have any pictures of our adventure.  As seems to be the case with most of our outings, I forgot my camera on my desk.  Sure I had my phone with me, but I seem to only be able to take lousy pictures with it.

I suppose that by forgetting to take the camera with us, it gives us an excuse to go back and revisit all the cool places, like Rocky Mountain House, we've been to again!

No comments:

Post a Comment