Friday 1 July 2016

Coffee 2.0

I have been drinking coffee since I was a tween.  My weekly highlight was coffee (lots of sugar and cream) with brunch on Sunday mornings after church. The weekly lowlight was having to wait for the old percolator to make the coffee.

For my birthday this past week, my wife has bought me a Keurig coffee maker. We have been mulling over the idea of buying one for a few months now.  So when it went on sale, she picked one up.

We have the 2.0 model, which means we have the option of single cup or brewing a whole carafe of coffee.  However, right now we are only brewing cup by cup because we have not gotten a reusable carafe filter yet.  Although we are planning to look for one when we go do some shopping later this morning.

We are using the reusable single cup filter.  It allows us to save some money by using whatever coffee happens to be on sale when we shop.  So that aspect of the coffee making process stays the same.

Although, I am not sure how much we are actually saving.  Our old coffee maker use to use 6 scoops of coffee for a 12 (6 regular size) cups.  Our new Keurig uses 2 scoops per cup.  On the other hand, I have not dumped a half a pot of undrank coffee since we got it either.

The premade pods (or whatever they are called) are a little on the pricey side.  So we have decided that we will buy them sparingly for special occasions.  Although if Costco has a good deal on them (by the case) that plan may change.

The one thing I have noticed in the week or so that we have had the machine is how "adult" I feel when making coffee now.  Perhaps it is the cup by cup brewing, or the fancy design of the machine.  Whatever the reason, I like the feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment