Monday 20 June 2016

A Family Tradition

As I mentioned in my post, On Location, I spent the past week visiting my parents for my Father's 75th birthday.  As part of our celebrations, we visited a family landmark, Chucks on Dufferin.   Many people enjoy this small restaurant for the good food, but it means so much more to our family.

Chucks opened its doors in 1954.  It was not long after that, my Father started to stop in after work for a snack (a footlong hot dog) before heading home for supper. As a tween, I often walked the couple of blocks from school to Chucks for lunch.

Two years ago my wife and I drove across the country to visit my parents.  During our visit she insisted on two trips to Chucks.  She decided that she needed both a Wallaceburger and a footlong hotdog.

So this past week, when we visited Chucks for my Dad's 75th birthday, it was just another chapter in our family's history with Chucks.  Only this time I brought home a souvenir of the visit, a jar of Chucks Worksauce.  I have found, it tastes just as good on roast beef sandwiches and eggs as it does on hamburgers and hot dogs.

Chucks is currently owned by the second generation.  I look forward to stopping in when it is owned by the third, the fourth, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment