Sunday 17 April 2016

Operation Scrubdown

In my youth, there would be members of the congregation that would miss Church every once in awhile, usually in the summer.  They needed that extra hour to clean up the house before their significant other (or parents) got back from holiday.  Today, I share their pain.

My wife has been away at a conference since Thursday.  Let's just say that the dog and I have been enjoying the bachelor life in her absence.  Well, she comes home today.

Now it is not like I have every dish we own stacked in the sink.  Nor is there a giant pile of clothes in the middle of the bedroom floor.  But the place could use little sprucing up.

So about the same time she hits the road to come home, I will get myself in gear and give the apartment a quick tidy up.  After all, she is bringing me presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment