Wednesday 27 November 2013

The Perfect Pantry

Before I got married, the greatest feature in my old apartment was the pantry closet in the kitchen.  Our current apartment does not have this luxury, but we have set up a couple of shelves in our storage closet to accomplish the same thing.  I found that once I filled my pantry the first time, my grocery bill was lower as all I needed to do was replace the items that I had used over the week.

Perfect Pantry
  • 3 cans of chicken noodle soup
  • 3 cans of vegetable soup
  • 2 boxes of instant mashed potatoes *
  • 2 boxes of instant scalloped potatoes
  • 2 boxes of Kraft Dinner
  • 2 cans of brown beans in tomato sauce
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cans of kidney beans
  • 2 cans maple brown beans
  • 2 cans pasta sauce
  • 2 cans of tomatoes **
  • 2 cans tomato soup
  • 2 packages of Lipton noodle and sauce
  • 1 box of stuffing mix 
  • 1 can cream corn ***

* For one or two people (or if you are like my wife and I who do not eat many potatoes) the instant potatoes can sit much longer than a bag of regular potatoes.

** I prefer diced tomatoes, they can be used in more dishes than stewed or whole ones.

*** My wife prefers her vegetables frozen, so that is what we buy.  Otherwise I would have included other canned vegetables as well.

Does anyone have anything else they would add or subtract from my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment